Tuesday, June 09, 2009

sleepless in evanston

as an american, i have a predisposition to think that people in other countries are way cooler than i am. so, as i was just washing my face in the bathroom and came to note the state of my fingernails (chipped, chewed, overgrown cuticles...), i thought to myself, "i must fix my nails before barcelona!" as if afraid that when i enter my first boutique there, the salespeople will scoff at and ignore me.

i mean, they might.

time for sleep. my spanish final is tomorrow night, and if i want to make the most out of this whole "study abroad" shindig, i need to do well.

good night.

p.s. i also want to point out that what i'm most excited for in barcelona is learning to cook on my own, gaining better knowledge of the spanish language and culture, and working on my writing and photography skills.

No comments: