Thursday, June 11, 2009

almost time

tomorrow is the day.

i packed up my dorm in elder and moved. i am spending tonight in a hotel so as not to worry about dirtying sheets. i'm excited, but i'm also nervous. i have a connection in frankfurt and i don't speak a word of german. last time i was in germany, they thought i was german because i look german, so they rattled off fluently to me and i was like uh.. no sprekenz doightch???

i mean, it'll be fine. first thing i'm doing is going to the beach. well, maybe after grocery shopping. hopefully i wont totally crash.

everything should work out. i almost upgraded to first class but decided to save my miles for that for the trip home, since that flight is longer by a few hours and i have extra leg room anyways. i've been having mini panic attacks about flying ever since i heard about the rio to paris flight, but we're on a boeing so i am a little less nervous now. any turbulence though and you can bank on me grabbing the unfortunate person stuck next to me.

well, off i go!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I'm so proud of your bravery, Karina!
I think you'll take Barcelona in the only way you know how - by storm!
haha, so cheeeesy, but I thought that was cute nonetheless.

I can't wait to read about your adventures!

<3 Grace.

Jessica said...

good luck karina!! it'll be an unforgettable experience for sure. i look forward to reading about it :) xoxo