Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lazy Week

This week has been... interesting. Monday evening I went to a small concert at City Hall by Plaça Catalunya with Derek, Brittani, Mark, and Cecile. Derek's cousin sent him free passes. It was chill, but the band's music was a little slow for me. I liked doing something different though. When we got back it was already really late so instead of meeting people at a popular bar on the beach called Opium, Cecile and I crashed. I'm not sure what everyone else ended up doing.

Tuesday was the celebration of San Juan. After class, I did some grocery shopping because the stores were supposed to be closed today. They weren't, but I'm glad we went anyways. We ordered pizza because everyone was sick of cooking. Cecile and I took a nap super late in the evening and then met up with the boys to go to the beach, where pretty much half the population of Barcelona was drinking, setting off fireworks, swimming, and playing music. It was super chill, and and I observed a lot of interesting stuff... Too much PDA. We returned a little before 5. I had to wash my feet for super long; they were so dirty from the sand and trash and such.

At one point a firework hit my leg from some jerks who were either drunk or not paying attention to what they were doing. I started screaming and they laughed. Thanks, guys. Luckily my leg is fine, I just had a small blister from it.

I slept in until 9, woke up when Manisha got a call because her mom arrived. She was doing stuff around the room for a bit after that, so I was up for a few hours. Then, at some point around 11-12, I fell back asleep until 3. Then Danielle and I went to the beach.

The water is amazing right now. I swam for a bit. It's funny how in a week and a half the water went from Lake Michigan temperature to the Mediteranean temp I'm used to. It was perfect. I read my book (Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh) a bit, too. I'm still not done!

Got gelato at a place with an incredible amount of flavors with Sam and Chris. So freaking good. BonBon and Cacao Holland-- two chocolate flavours. I'm now obsessed with Cacao Holland. So good. Came back and started my wash... now I'm just waiting on Manisha for dinner. We're making chicken soon. It's freaking late though. Her mom came and brought tons of food. I have yet to meet her but she sounds awesome.

Now I'm just correcting my Spanish essay and watching the soccer game. Vive España!

No comments: