Monday, July 06, 2009

Rewind

Last week, like I said, not much happened.

I went for my History of Barcelona class to the Museum of Catalan History, which is in Port Vell right across from where I live. That was interesting. It is very modern and intended to teach children, so we all had a lot of fun with interactive displays and touching everything.

Afterwards, we went to the top of the museum, where there is a cute restaurant with amazing views of the entire city. We took some photos and headed back.

These past two nights Christine and I have gone for easy 20 minute runs to get back into the swing of running / exercising daily. We go in the evening while the sun sets, which is beautiful. Everyone else is out walking dogs and running or biking, so its a good atmosphere. We have yet to pass anyone... :P

This weekend Maggie, Katie, and I went to Sitges. We took the metro to Estación Sants and the train from there to Sitges. That was a packed train ride, with standing room only for us. It was not air conditioned, either. However, it proved worth it when we came out of a tunnel to beautiful views of the beach on our left. In Sitges we bought floatie toys for good prices and blew them up to play with in the crystalline water. It was brilliant.

There were special paddle boats with water slides attached that you can rent. Next time I go, I am throwing down the 12 euro necessary to rent one. So worth it, or so I hope. They looked awesome.

That evening, because it was the Fourth of July, I intended to go to Mont Jüic, but I was too tired and instead stayed in. Sunday was also boring because I had to do laundry and work.

Today we had a bus tour for the History class. We went to the top of Mount Tibidabo, which is the highest peak in the Serra de Collserola mountain range. At the top is a huge church and a small amusement park. We had views of the entire city. Sadly, I forgot my camera, but Patsy and Caroline and Scott all had theirs, which is good. We next visited Parc Güell, and continued on to Mont Jüic. At Mont Jüic we saw the Olympic Football Stadium and drove past the Museum of Catalan Art, which I intend to visit soon.

No comments: